- Helping Children Understand Covid Resource
- NDRN - School Reopening
- No Consent Fact Sheet
- OCR Complaint video
This video shows students and their families how to file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Restraint and Seclusion -YouTube Video
- Seclusion & Restraint Fact Sheet
- Special Education Positive Behavioral Support Fact Sheet
- Special Education Least Restrictive Environment Fact Sheet
- Transition- ND
- What is the difference between IEPs and 504 plans?
- 504 & Special Education Fact Sheet
Videos about School to Prison Pipeline
In 2016, nearly 250,000 people are legally paid less than the minimum wage, on average, less than $2 an hour.
“Bottom Dollars” is an hour-long documentary that exposes the exploitation of people with disabilities through personal stories and expert interviews. It also presents clear employment alternatives with competitive wages and community inclusion.
Vocational Rehabilitation Information
- What are vocational rehabilitation services?(video)
- Available Services
- Individualized Plan for Employment
- Financial Considerations
- Eligibility for VR Services
- What Employers Need to Know About Workers with Disabilities
Check out our videos on Competitive Integrated Employment
- Advocacy Services Brochure
- Assistive Technology Brochure
- CAP Brochure
- Confidentiality Brochure
- Confidentiality Brochure (Spanish/English)
- MHAD Brochure
- PABSS Brochure
- PAIMI Brochure
- Protection & Advocacy Brochure
- Protection & Advocacy Brochure (Spanish/English)
- Protection & Advocacy Grievance Brochure
- Protection & Advocacy Grievance Brochure (Spanish/English)
- Protection & Advocacy Inpatient Brochure
- Traumatic Brain Injury Brochure
Person Centered Planning
Person-Centered Practices (PCP) assist individuals to have control over the life they desire and engage fully in their communities. These practices assist everyone (individuals who receive services, family members, staff, organizations, and systems) in creating a positive and meaningful life, building on an individual's unique interests and strengths.
North Dakota is developing a strong and consistent statewide vision and universal understanding of person-centeredness across all North Dakota Department of Human Services (ND DHS) entities and community partners.
Together we will:
- Bring diverse voices to the table
- Support individuals participating in services and statewide system change efforts
- Transform policies to reflect statewide person-centered values and culture
- Ensure communication is accessible and relatable
As part of the statewide commitment to unify efforts, each ND DHS division will engage in a Self-Assessment process to establish baselines on how person-centered the division currently is, create action plans, and measure progress toward building a more person-centered system.Learn more about North Dakota’s commitment to Person-Centered Practices
As part of the initiative, North Dakota developed anAsset Map, a working document, used as a tool to:
•Document Existing Stakeholder Engagement Assets: Target Groups and Initiatives
•Encourage Systematic and Strategic Thinking About Next Steps, Ultimately Saving Time and Resources
•Reference When Brainstorming Potential Target Groups to Engage
•Expand and Improve on Current Systems and Processes Within the ND DHS
This Asset Map is not intended to be a directory of service providers.
Protection & Advocacy Project will update the Asset Map quarterly. Pleasecontact uswith additions or revisions.
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #1, Powerpoint 9-9-20
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #1, Video 9-9-20
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #2, Powerpoint 10-14-20
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #2, Video 10-14-20
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #3, Powerpoint 11-18-20
- Person Centered Planning Summit Event #3, Video 11-18-20
- Alternatives to Guardianship - YouTube Video
- Supported Decision Making in ND
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guardianship Information
- Guide to Independence
- Supported Decision Making Agreement (Print/Fill)
- Supported Decision Making Video
- Dignity of Risk (video)
- Is SDM Right for Me (video)
- How to be a Supporter (video)
- SDM Capacity(video)
The North Dakota Protection & Advocacy Project works collaboratively with the Secretary of State’s Office, the North Dakota Association of Counties, and county election officials to ensure that North Dakota’s election system is accessible and voters with disabilities are educated on the election process and their right to vote.
The Express Vote is the new voting machine available to North Dakota voters who need assistance in marking their ballot. This machine will be provided for voters needing assistance, including those with disabilities and special needs.
- Voting is for Everyone - YouTube Video
- Have more voting questions and want some answers?
- Find the answers to your "Frequently Asked Questions" at North Dakota Secretary of State’s Office.
- Learn the Voting Basics for North Dakota
- Voting Fact Sheet
- Voting Video CC format