P&A Recruiting Members for Mental Health Advisory Council
(Bismarck, ND) The Protection & Advocacy Project (P&A) is recruiting members for its mental health advisory council. The Council addresses a variety of issues related to mental health. The Council:
- Provides P&A with information and identifies issues important to the mental health community.
- Provides feedback on priorities for P&A’s mental health program.
- Provides P&A and its governing board with independent advice and recommendations.
- Prepares the annual Advisory Council Report detailing activities.
- Educates the public about the mission and purpose of P&A.
- Decides how to use its time and expertise to educate, advise, and select projects.
The Council consists of 6 – 10 members, that bring the following perspectives:
- Current and past recipients of mental health services
- Family members of current and past recipients of mental health services
- Mental health professionals (including providers)
- An attorney
- Individuals knowledgeable about mental health
As part of the Council, members learn about mental health topics, meet new people, and develop self-advocacy and leadership skills. The Council also assists P&A in setting and achieving goals, as well as helping to improve the mental health service delivery system. Learn more or apply online.
P&A is the leading civil rights organization for people with disabilities in North Dakota. P&A’s mission is to champion the equality and inclusion of people with disabilities where we live, work, and play.