P&A Hosting Public Forum on CMS's proposed "HCBS Access Rule"
(Bismarck, ND) The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services recently proposed a set of Medicaid rules: one is aimed at improving access to services (the access rule) the other focuses on managed care access and quality.
These rules seek to:
- Establish standards for certain appointment wait times for Medicaid or CHIP managed care enrollees.
- Create new payment transparency requirements for states by requiring disclosure of provider payment rates in both fee-for-service and managed care, with the goal of greater insight into how Medicaid payment levels affect access to care.
- Establish a wage standard - a requirement that at least 80 percent of Medicaid payments for personal care, homemaker, and home health aide services be spent on compensation for direct care workers (as opposed to administrative overhead or profit).
- Create timeliness-of-access measures for HCBS .
- Strengthen how states use Medical Care Advisory Committees.
Click here for a Summary of CMS’s Access-Related Notices of Proposed Rulemaking.
Please join P&A for a discussion of the proposed HCBS Access Rule on June 22, 2023, at 1pm central. This session will include information on changes and outline the process for stakeholders wishing to submit comments. Join the virtual session here or call in at 701-328-0950 Phone Conference ID: 182 328 584#.
P&A is the leading civil rights organization for people with disabilities in North Dakota. P&A’s mission is to champion the equality and inclusion of people with disabilities where we live, work, and play.